2016-06-06

Loyal To The End

This one is breaking my heart, even as I type it up more than 12 hours after having it.

I was a bad guy. My place had been compromised. People were running around. Things were burning and exploding, roofs collapsing. Sparks flying from consoles. It was the end.

I'd gone on the PA advising minions and henchmen to help one another to escape. But my own personal minion, Cog, was nowhere to be seen. Cog was loyal like a puppy.

At the entrance to the fancy lifeboat, which was crowded with minions, I turned to the muscle henchman and told him to get my people to safety, and once he was safe he was to make sure they were all covered. Then I went back to the sanctum sanctorum, and there was Cog, lost and confused.

And he looked at me with huge eyes. He knew I'd come for him. And I told him we'd never be apart. And it wouldn't be too long now, so he might as well close his eyes. And the alarm went off with Cog resting, content, in my arms.

Well, the alarm went off but I was already awake, sort of sobbing.

In the end, you've got to look after your people. And you keep the ones you care about the most, closest to you, and never let them go. The ones who look up to you.

Yeah, so I failed Bond Villain School for showing compassion. So sue me.

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt


If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me of your dreams here.